What Personal Information Does LitHive Display or Collect?
The information we gather from users enables us to personalize and improve our services, and to allow our users to set up a user account and profile thatcan be used to interact with other users thro ugh the Site. In connection with the Site, we request and display some personal information to other users and visitors of the Site, which allows users to identify each other. We collect the following types of information from our users:
Personal Information You Provide to Us
We receive and store any information you enter on the Site or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected include your name and e-mail address. You may choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features. The Personal Information you provide may be used for such purposes as responding to your requests for certain information, products and services, attribution for content you submit, customizing the advertising and content you see, and communicating with you about specials and new features. You may modify or remove any of your personal information at any time by logging into your account and accessing features to edit your profile and account information.
Personal Information Collected Automatically
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with the Site or obtain services from us. LitHive automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, LitHive cookie information, and the page you requested. We also record the details of your transactions on the Site. For mobile devices used to access the Site or the Site's content, we receive and record the identification numbers of those devices.
Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our Site and its components, similar to TV ratings that indicate how many people watched a particular show. LitHive only uses this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how often users use parts of the Site or services so that we can make the Site appealing to as many users as possible, and improve those services. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our users, collectively, use our Site. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use their services and the Site, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal online experience. Again, LitHive never discloses aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
We often receive a confirmation when you open an e-mail from LitHive if your computer supports this feature. LitHive uses this confirmation to help us make e-mails more interesting and helpful. We also compare our user list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our users. If you do not want to receive e-mail communications from LitHive, you may opt out of those communications by making the necessary settings in your user account.
What About Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our Site are visited and by how many people. LitHive cookies do not collect Personal Information, and we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other Personal Information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or email address is.
Will LitHive Share Any of the Personal Information it Receives?
Personal Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We share your Personal Information only as described below.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We anticipate that we may become affiliated with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses may operate stores at the Site or sell items or services to you through the Site. In other situations, LitHive may provide services, or sell products jointly with affiliated businesses. You can easily recognize when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, and we will share user information that is related to such transactions with that affiliated business.
- Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Examples include sending email, analyzing data, and providing user services. Unless we tell you differently, LitHive's agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information for the above purposes.
- User profiles: User profile information may include your name, phone number, email address and other relevant information. Other than a user name which must be entered, you will have the option to select what information other users can view from your user profile. To facilitate user interaction within the Site, LitHive may display to other users the information you select to share from your user profile. LitHive allows users to search the Site using user names and any other information you elect to share, but LitHive will not directly reveal your full name to other users.
- Promotional Offers: We may send offers to certain users on behalf of other businesses. However, when we do so, we do not give the other business your name and address. If you do not wish to receive these offers, please send us an email to unsubscribe.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if LitHive, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that LitHive goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquiror of LitHive may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
- With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be given the option to prevent the sharing of this information.
Is Personal Information About me Secure?
Your LitHive account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to ensure that there is no unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
LitHive endeavors to protect user information to ensure that user account information is kept private, however, LitHive cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. For additional information about the security measures LitHive uses in connection with the Site, please contact us at [email protected].
Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily post information to public areas on Site or any other public forums, such information can be accessed by the public.
What Personal Information Can I Access?
LitHive allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information. This list will change as the Site changes. You may currently access the following information in your user account:
- account information
- user profile
- user preferences, and
- user content submissions in your account
What Other Choices Do I Have?
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, even though it may be needed to take advantage of certain LitHive features.
- You are able to add or update certain information on pages, such as those listed in the "What Personal Information Can I Access" section above. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You may request deletion of your LitHive account by making use of the site's "delete account" feature. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy at the Site, please send us a detailed message to [email protected]. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns